Saturday, November 7, 2015

Supernatural and Art

I love 12X12 canvasses and I love the tv show Supernatural (yes, it's been on for 11 years and yes I've been a fan since the beginning).

A couple months back, the series was filming on two locations on either side of my work. Lucky for me, I had the day off and my friend Sara had my back and texted me as soon as the boys showed up to start filming!!

I know that I am a grown up, well most days I give it the old college try LOL, but I was so excited to go and watch this and have the chance to see two of my fave stars, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. And it was soo worth it to spend the day outside of my store, on my day off to have the opportunity to watch this happening. Sara and I were lucky enough to have Jensen wave at us and have a brief chat while they were waiting to start filming a scene, it was surreal at that moment. Later in the day, I was still watching the filming and Jared Padalecki brought the cooler filled with water bottles over and gave them out to those of us watching the process. Made my heart flutter just a bit when he said to me "Hey, I remember you".

Absolutely a fascinating day and watching all the work that goes into a 42 minute episode by EVERYONE involved was quite amazing. So I have printed some of my pictures and used my water bottle to make up my canvas to remember the day!

A close up of one of the flowers, Emerald Creek Funny Bones stamped image in there and the gorgeous heart brad also from Emerald Creek, just painted red.

And my special flower just below the label from the water bottle I got from Jared Padalecki and yes that is bit s of the water bottle in the flower LOL

Love my red and black flowers which I totally made by mistake!! Sprayed the flowers with Tim Holtz Distress Spray in Barn Door, but accidently dropped one of them in the Black Soot I had sprayed already. I panicked but it turned out so cool!!

A little Barn Door Distress Spray and some red fluid acrylic paint and the fantastic Ranger Ink
Texture Paste and my DecoArt stencil and we have "Supernatural"

Some Tim Holtz chipboard I found stashed away stained with Barn Door and Black Soot

The finished project!! With lots of help from some of my favorite companies like Emerald Creek Craft Supplies, Ranger Ink, Tim Holtz and DecoArt!  

Thanks for stopping by and checking out another one of my addictions! Have a great weekend!

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. You are sooooooo lucky! From one Supernatural fan to another ~ this is amazing! While I was reading your post I was silently doing a fangirl scream in my head. I love the flowers - especially the 'mistake' ones - those are gorgeous! I love how you saved the label and parts of the water bottle that Jared gave you - that's just really smart recycling. ;)
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~