Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Own Hippie!

And no....she would not mind that I called her that! LOL  This is my beautiful daughter, Sadie. She was the perfect subject to use my bright, luscious Dylusions paints for.  These colors are definitely not in my normal use...I'm all about the purples and earth tones. So I loved branching out and trying something new!





I used Prima flowers and painted them with my Dylusions paints in Fresh Lime, Squeezed Orange and Vibrant Turquoise and used the same colors on the background 12X12 canvas. I stuck with the same colors and mixed them with texture paste and used a Dylusions stencil to add some texture.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Cathy 



5 comments:

  1. What an amazing 'peace'...haha, get it!! Beautiful. Love the colours, and such a wonderful interpretation of our theme! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Hip to be Square' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very hip and stylish layout and it showcases beautifully your little hippie! Fabulous layout and thank you for joining in our fun "Hip to Be Square" challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so hip and groovy and far out! Your color palette is spot on, and the layout is perfectly composed! . Thanks for playing along with us at the Frilly & Funkie "Hip to Be Square" challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I'm so happy to see your hippie frame as one of the winners at Frilly and Funkie! Huge Congratulations! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara!! I was so surprised & excited I cried a bit! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~