Monday, October 17, 2016

Lights at Night

Welcome to the "Lights" portion of the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge...Falling Into Celebration!! So many celebrations in October, Thanksgiving for us in Canada, Diwali Festival of Lights and of course, Halloween! Lights can be so many things, light bulbs, sun, moon, stars, street light...dare I say it...a Christmas bulb?! Yes I did say it, but I did not use one on my project! LOL My light is from a lovely antique lamp post and the shimmering stars and the moon, or the three moons.

A crisp autumn evening where you can look up at the stars! I did the stars using the gesso resist technique and once it was dry I painted it with some pearlescent paint I had stashed away. I then painted over the stars with distress stain. I stamped the Branch Out image with gesso, let it dry then coloured over with distress paint. all my leafs I watercoloured with Distress Spray and then fussy cut them out.


I embossed the antique lamp post with Oil Rubbed Bronze embossing powder! I just love the texture from this and the aged looked I got!
I found this charm in my stash and made it so much more with the Hammered Metal embossing powder! Some of these custom powders from Emerald Creek are truly an embellishment on their own!

And why not have more than one moon, my little blue moon coloured with Turquoise and Black alcohol inks.

And a little crescent moon embossed with Charred Gold, and again so much dimension from this custom powder from Emerald Creek. I really hadn't embossed in ages, but I can't get enough of some of these custom powders that Kim creates!
To add an extra layer I used the Branch Out stamp and stamped it with gesso, then painted over it with Distress paints.


Emerald Creek Products Used:
Oil Rubbed Bronze Embossing Powder 

Other Products Used:
Distress Paint in Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans
Distress Spray in Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple and Squeezed Lemonade
White Gesso
Archival Ink - Black
Lamp Post from Prima

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this month's Emerald Creek project! Be sure to stop by and see my fellow team mates projects too!!
Jess
Heather
Cassandra

Now it's your turn to show us how you "Fall into Celebration" this month!! Enter your project and you could win a $50 gift certificate for Emerald Creek Craft Supplies!


Have a wonderful week!! And thank you for stopping by!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, your canvas is stunning! I love your starry sky and how you've used all of those amazing powders on your elements! they really step everything up 100 notches! The lamppost is fabulous and your leaves look amazing! I can't believe you did all that fussy cutting! Well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~