Friday, December 23, 2016

I Was Ahead of the game!

I was so prepared and had everything timed out and what days I was going to work on what gifts etc....then I got an abscess tooth and my face was swollen to the size of a baseball and soo painful. I lost two days of crafting time. Went to the clinic, major antibiotics, on the mend, face is only size of a ping pong ball now and pain is greatly reduced and now I have to play catch up!! 
I did get some ornaments done before the tooth issue. My sister asked me to make some ornaments for her, as gifts for our Aunts and Uncles. I tried some new ideas and liked how they all turned out!

The tree box and cork ornament went to one set and the purple Believe and snowman hat went to the other set.
Used a TH bottle brush tree for the first time!! Stained with Evergreen Bough, then dipped the edges in Picket Fence paint and Soft Fallen Snow ep from Emerald Creek.

Stained the baubles with turquoise and silver alcohol ink and hot glue them into the tree.

Found a gold star in my stash but wanted it to be more sparkly so I dipped it in glue and then dipped it in Irridescent sparkle ep and added some distress glitter too.
 
Sliced a wine cork into circles (on the hunt to find a better way of doing this so I can get them more uniform), glued them together then added the steampunk tree charm and the reindeer charm to a piece of jute and tied them in the center.



A little irridescent medium added to my distress paint to paint the ornament, then punched (another TH punch that I completely forgot i had) out the snowflakes on shimmery silver cardstock.

Dylusions stencil, texture paste with the irridescent medium to decorate the back.

And last but not least, a little snowman hat. Yes i found this idea on pinterest and it worked out!! I used one of the K-cups from my coffee machine, painted it with Dina Wakely's black Gesso and glued that to a circle of black cardstock (also gesso'd this so the blacks matched).

Glued some ribbon from my stash around it and used it for the hanging part as well. The greens and berries were again things I had in my stash of craft supplies.

So my family has new ornaments for their trees, my sister got gifts to give them and I have some new ideas for ornaments for my craft fair next year! And I've already added to my ribbon stash for the snowman hats! LOL ANd I know we will definitely have a pile of K-cups because we drink alot of coffee in this house!!

Thank you all for the support and comments this year, it has been appreciated so much. And this year has brought me in contact with so many new crafting friends all over the world and I am so grateful for that! Hope that which ever holiday you are celebrating, it is filled with love and laughter and all things wonderful for you and yours! Merry Christmas from my home to yours!!

Thank you!
Cathy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~