Thursday, March 16, 2017

I Finally Did It!!

Woot Woot!! I finally used Graphic 45 paper!! I know...how shocked are you that I have never used any of it before!? I have some of the Under The Sea line from last year, but never used it. I find it so intimidating because there is so much on each piece of paper and I see what the Design Team creates and I just get overwhelmed and feel like it is way out of my wheel house. BUT....how will I ever learn if I don't try something new? While I was shopping at Clipper Street and looking at the paper, Shamim and I were talking about it and she came up with doing a bookmark! Something small and useful because there are people who still read actual books. 
So I did it tonight! I have a few pieces from Vintage Hollywood, Portrait of a Lady and Midnight Masquerade and I figured I might as well go way out of wheelhouse and went with Vintage Hollywood and used the colour orange!! So much change in one project! But I did use some favorites too, my new Distress Oxides and my go to edging colour of Vintage Photo! :) I have to keep some of my comfort zone around LOL


I did keep the project small and siimple to start

 
Lots of fussy cutting with these papers and you can get so many different designs or layouts from doing the fussy cut!

Look at that gorgeous Distress Oxide. I'm a purple kinda girl but I seriously love the Spiced Marmalade!


I fussy cut out the orange flower and edged them in Vintage Photo and all the words strips in the background were cut out from a sheet of paper and then just staggered when I glued them on.



One layered strip in black and gold, then the blue strips on the right, then the Mary Pickford movie poster cut out of one of the sheets of paper, two little stamps and more of the blue strips just cut up into smaller pieces.

I love layers!

And I already have the start of ideas for my Portrait of A Lady paper and Midnight Masquerade! But Portrait first since it's again colours that I don't normally use and I want to try it out. But Midnight Masquerade....lots of purple and I love it! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~