Monday, February 19, 2018

Art Journalling and Me

I have so many journals, but haven't made it a habit to use them. I think the time to start is now! Not a new year's resolution but something I want to do. Once I'm sitting there getting inky/painty/gluey I love it and feel relaxed and I love that feeling. So I need to get in there and just play far more often! So I've started with one page, over a couple of days but used colours that are not my go to choices and stencils and metal and an old piece of cardboard. And I loved it! 

Here is my finished page in my larger Dylusions journal.


The background is done with 3 colours of Distress Oxides, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Wild Honey. On the left hand side is a Stencil Girl stencil that I did with gesso first so it acted as a resist. I used the same stencil on the right in Walnut Stain.

Over top of the inked stencil I used a TH stencil with clear texture paste for an added layer.

Again over the ripped up piece of TH Etcetera Stash, I used clear texture paste for another layer.

One of my TH word bands that I had in my stash...also one of my plans for the year is to "use what I have" and dig into my stash and get into a project instead of just sitting around looking pretty haha I used some hemp twine and a piece of cardboard from my last Wild Whisper order.

Loving the foil thing right now!! I need more foil and I really want the Rebekah Meier Mixed Media Medium from Therm Web and some of her transfer foil in Antique Pearl and patina!! So many great colours. The foil I have and used on this one is the Ranger Holiday package, I used the gold and the Vintage package is a must have too.

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~