Sunday, February 11, 2018

My Crackled Heart

Just a few more days until Valentine's Day! I don't do alot for this day, my kids and I are super cheap and we go get choclates on the 15th when every thing goes on sale! LOL I used to do little gift bags for my kids and as they got older it was different things here and there. Last year it was their favorites pies LOL Not very Valentiney, but they ate the pies. 

This year I had a few things in my stash that I wanted to play with so I pulled them out and made My Crackled Heart. 


I used one of the TH Baseboards from the Christmas pack, the plaster heart is from Relics & Artifacts, first time using that line and love it. The heart was originally painted in metallics from Finnabair, but I changed my mind (like I always do) and repainted it with the Distress Paints in Hickory Smoke and Wilted Violet.

I edged the base board in the Hickory Smoke and Wilted Violet as well. Super messy job on that because I already had a piece of paper that I was going to use to cover most of it.
 
I used my Stencil Girl stencil to add to this spare piece of paper and used the Wilted Violet and Tarnished Brass to highlights a few spots.

I love how it turned out, but I was going to be cutting out the TH Flourish with it. But I now have a new way to colour with my stencils.

Yes..I really love this! Going to try some different colour combos next weekend.

I also stenciled on the heart. It was a little tricky keeping it in place, but I just wanted a small part of the stencil to tie it in.

Before I stenciled on the flourish I added a layer of the Distress Clear Rocky Candy Crackle. I need to get some more of this stuff, I love it!

And here is the finished My Crackled Heart! I also foiled on a little hand drawn arrow and added some rub ons.

It's all about using what you have sometimes. And quite often I forget that I have something. So I keep digging around and finding new things (well not really new, but forgotten about) and pulling them out where I can see them.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a great start to your week!!

Cathy

Challenges Entered:

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Cathy! I love the purple and gold combination, but that crackle is out of this world! Oh, I'm so happy to see you've entered this into our All You Need is Love challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, your Crackled Heart is absolutely gorgeous! I love that you've gone with non-traditional colours with it too. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cathy! You really pulled all the punches on this beauty! I'm totally in love with your colors and the added texture/patterns. Stunning design work and such an inspiration! We're so thankful you shared with us at Frilly & Funkie. Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I'm so happy you won the loot with this gorgeous piece at F&F! Congrats and happy shopping! Hugs, Autumn

      Delete
  4. Great piece and congratulations on winning on Frilly and Funkie challenge blog!! You won the $$ and happy shopping. I was just a participant and thought I would let you know but loved seeing your work too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~